Tuesday 11 June 2019

Thank you for all the comment's about my last 2 posts on bullying. Thank you to the 2 people who were brave enough to share there stories of being bullied. This blog is about a mate of mine's Mental Health, he wanted to share his story to hopefully help other people. It is written in his own word's. 

I have been a sufferer of both anxiety and depression, it can be one of the hardest things to do. It's not easy to talk about. In 2019 and as a man, it's not easy to tell people what is going on in our heads. Sometimes we don't know ourselves, men have the statistics of not wanting to seem like we're not weak or not as strong as everyone else!

I've had both anxiety and depression for over 7 years now, and in the last 3 years I have finally accepted it's me and it's what I have got. Nothing will change that feeling, I am still me, I am still Human just with a struggle on my shoulders!

Having anxiety and depression isn't always about being down, it's waking up and fighting our minds, our demons and fighting out body's. Feeling alone in a room full of people. Yeah I will admit I have cried myself to sleep so many times, and then meeting up with other people and putting that brave face on because that's what we do. My close friends and family will know. I've had this for 7 years now, how ever from slowly finding it hard to talk about at first to now being open about it because at first I didn't want to due to being scared to tell people incase they thought I was weak or making it up!

I am slowly getting myself back on track, and I will be me again. To anyone whose ever had my back on my hardest days.

I want to tell people that speaking out, it's best thing anyone could do is to open up and be you. The only person you can better yourself then is the person you was yesterday.

I want to thank this person for opening up, it's a very brave and strong they have done and hopefully will help alot of people. If you have any questions or need to someone to talk to my DM'S are always open @Jamie198629. Remember guy's it's ok to not be ok, please speak to someone if you're struggling!

1 comment:

  1. I am struggling at the moment as I have lost an awful lot due to my own depression. I lost myself within that as I became selfish as I thought, yet never wanted it to be about myself, I tended to guard myself around the people I cared for and became “normal” always thinking in the background.
    I see you support MUFC that is an outlet yet hopefully next season is better, do you live in Manchester as maybe it would be nice to chat as I feel the experience of going through depression is better when you talk with someone that has gone through it is the best ever. Sorry but had to say it.

    ReplyDelete