Friday 7 June 2019

Thank you to the person who shared there bullying story the other day, it was very brave. Well done. This is part 2 of 2 of my bullying part of the blog. Someone has been brave enough to share there story with me. I will not be mentioning there name in this post and it will be written in there own words. This post is all about online bullying. 

It started in the summer of 2018, I started to get confidence in myself as I was losing weight. I would post a picture of myself on social media, within minutes I would receive some horrible and hurtful private messages. I would get the Mickey taken out of me, I was called a fat cow and that I belonged on the beach because I look like a whale. People also would be horrible about my teeth if I smiled. I then received the most disgusting and vile private message on twitter, "I hope you get raped". I reported and blocked them straight away and there account was banned. I posted that tweet onto my twitter feed, as I was shocked and hurt as I have never hurt anyone. When I got this message I felt like deactivating my twitter account and leaving social media for good as I was on there for release from my life and not to be reminded of it. I decided to stay on social media because I made really good friends, and I didn't want to runaway and think they had got the better of me. 

It affects me today, nearly a year on from them comments. Every time I see a DM I get worried especially if I have just posted a picture of myself. I also check to see whose following now because of those comments.

I was quite disturbed reading this, especially with the comments. How can anyone be that sick or hurtful. I have noticed that when you see online bullying, the bully has no picture of themselves because there cowards. If you see someone being bullied online please report it straight away, The bullies do not deserve to be getting away with affecting peoples lives. If your being bullied yourself please speak out, get them reported and blocked and tell other people so they can do the same. If anyone has any questions or needs to talk send me a DM on twitter @Jamie198629 


No comments:

Post a Comment