Sunday 11 August 2019

Thank you to everyone who has supported me with this blog. I really do appreciate it all 

Last week was a tough week for me, It was the 1 year anniversary of my brother in law taking his own life. My niece was only 5 when he took his own life, this week has been all about me showing support to my sister and niece. I wanted to this blog and show everyone how important it is to speak out and to ask someone how there feeling. 

I decided to start this blog after he committed suicide, he never spoke to anyone. There was no difference is his behaviour, you never know what's going on behind closed doors. I think to myself all the time "why didn't he say anything, I could of helped". Ever since that day happened, I have been trying to my hardest to be there for people, to help them when there struggling. The damage it left to my niece was horrible, she would ask some upsetting questions "Does that mean, he won't be here to see me open my presents" and she started crying. It was most horrible thing I have ever had. 

Please if your struggling tell someone, there is help out there you don't have to deal with this alone. Get yourself to the doctors and get the help you need. It doesn't make you a weak person, it makes you a strong person and it's a brave thing to do. Lastly always check on close friends and family as you never know what is going on behind closed doors. It's ok to not be ok.

Thank you for reading, my twitter handle is @Jamie198629 if anyone needs to talk. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow babe iam so proud of you for writing this blog it must not have been easy at all and iam so glad you have been supporting your sister and niece and it must be very heartbreaking when she asks those type of questions for sure!! Iam so sorry to hear this news jamie your so brave to put this on twitter and iam sure alot of people will enjoy reading your story please stay strong i never knew this happend i would always be there for you no matter what you can count on me❤

    ReplyDelete