Tuesday 1 October 2019

I haven't blogged for a while, with what's happened over the past week I felt I needed too. I am going to be speaking about the affects of suicide and the damage it leaves behind to family & friends.

Unfortunately this a topic I know to well, I have now lost 5 people close to me through suicide. 3 Family members and 2 Friends. The last person I lost last week left behind 2 young children, hearing them get upset and not understanding why there dad is not coming back is probably the most heartbreaking thing to witness. The affects it leaves behind never goes away, it ends for the person taking there own life but never for family & friends. As a family we question weather it's our fault because we didn't notice there is something wrong. When I first lost a family member through suicide, I was very close to them and even on my worse day's I wanted to take my own life so I could be with them again. I saw what it did to the family and I decided enough was enough and I needed help. 

To the people who say "get over it" or " Mental Health is a choice" try telling that to the family & friends who have lost people through Mental Health. I wanted to post this because I want people to know the damage it leaves behind. It takes a strong & brave person to admit there struggling. Please talk to someone It's ok to not be ok & your're not alone. Thank you for taking the time to read this!


No comments:

Post a Comment